It’s been a wonderful couple days back home and I’m totally taking advantage of the relaxation time. We’ve already gone out to dinner with friends, seen Non-Stop (the thriller with Liam Neeson and Julianne Moore- it was really intense and intriguing!) and I even managed to do some baking.
I whipped up a Vegan Apple Oat Bread this afternoon with 3 kinds of apple and I think it turned out really well! I’m already looking forward to enjoying some for breakfast tomorrow morning with almond butter. Anyone else go to sleep thinking about what you’ll eat when you wake up? Breakfast is my favorite meal so naturally, it’s on my mind ALL the time.
Adapted from Choosing Raw
12 small or 8 bigger slices
1 1/4 cup oat bran
1 cup white flour
1 tsp baking soda/powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk + 2-3 tbsp
1/2 cup applesauce
2 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 1/3 cup water and allowed to “gel”
1 chopped small apple (peeled + cored)
1/2 cup chopped dried apples
1/4 cup scant rolled oats
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
2) Mix the chia seeds and 1/3 cup water together and set aside.
3) Mix the oat bran, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
4) Whisk together almond milk, applesauce, chia mixture, and oil. Add to the dry ingredients, mix roughly, and then add chopped and dried apple. Stir to combine.
5) Pour dough into loaf pan, sprinkle with oats, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
If you decide to give it a try, let me know! I am definitely feeling the jet lag tonight though, what with being up at 5am ever since I’ve been in California, and the long (though fun) days I’ve had. I really need to catch up on my beauty rest tonight! I’m hoping the time change will work in my favor and encourage my body to stay in bed a bit longer.
Happiness Starts Here